I have recently competed in several pageants (not involving fitness) and found out they were very political. With out knowing the right people, I had no chance of winning. Needless to say, I was very frustrated.
I am interested in competing in the fitness area, but I am trying to find out how political is this system? Do judges play favorites, ets? I just don't want to waste my time again or play any games. I guess I am just looking for some fair judging and the opportunity to be recognized for my hard work.
I would love to chat with any former/current ms fitness competitors and get some honest feedback. Please post here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honestly , the competitors who perform evenly in all of their rounds are the ones who place the highest. If you do well in routine but haven't polished up on your evening gown round or are weak in your physique round you definitely won't place as high. The judges are fair. Also, remember you have to do things to get noticed because generally at the peak of competition everyone looks their best. Politics? Well, Good Manners are definitely of the utmost importance;
1. You wouldn't want to fall out of a press hold and begin swearing
2.Don't tug on your strapless evening gown that is constanty falling down during evening gown round, granted your physique may be awesome but at this point everybody's is, so all the judges are going to remember you tugging constantly at the dress that isn't fitting right
3. Never talk about other competitors who are doing well, learn from them instead
4. Focus on the positive. Having a negative attitude gives off bad vibes, so forget the old and on with the new.
5.Believe in yourself enough and soon so will others
6. Never give up until you get what you want. Perserverance is definitely rewarded.
7. Be mentally prepared; Visualize yourself doing your routine speech and physique round, learn to give yourself positive affirmation, read various success material
8. Introduce yourself to everyone and have a great time!